On June 18th we received our Mission call to Stockholm, Sweden. We have been assigned to work in the Center for Young Adults. We go to the Provo Missionary Training Center on September 6th. We will be there for about 10 days and then Fly to Sweden. We will be serving in Sweden for 18 months. We are excited and nervous all at the same time! (Neal served a mission in Sweden in 1961 for 2 1/2 years) He is excited to go back to his mission. We both have ancestors from Sweden. I am nervous about being there for two Winters . For those who don't know this, I don't like cold weather or snow! I don't even own a winter coat, we were told to get our coats and winter clothes over there.
I'm happy to see you have your mission blog set up! I'm sure excited to see you the end of August and to start reading all the things you guys will be up to in Sweden.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for the two of you. You are both going to be wonderful missionaries. The people of Sweden are so lucky to have the both of you. I am excited that you have this blog. I know the Lord's blessings will go with you both.
ReplyDeleteWe are glad to see that you've set up a blog, too. We've had fun with ours. What a journey you will have.
ReplyDeleteNeal and Mary, we're glad that your mission plans have firmed up. Watch out for trolls while your in Sweden. They generally loiter underneath bridges — at least Norwegian trolls do.
ReplyDeleteWE ARE SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH. WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AWAITS YOU. WORKING EVERY DAY WITH SUCH CLOSNESS TO THE LORD WILL BE SO WONDERFUL AND TENDER. YOU ARE BOTH SO STRONG AND EXPERIENCED, YOU WILL BE A STRENGTH TO THE SOULS IN SWEDEN. BUT AS ALWAYS WHEN YOU GIVE SO MUCH YOU WILL RECEIVE SO MUCH MORE.
ReplyDeleteWILL YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA TIME IN PROVO BEFORE YOU SIGN IN ON THE 6TH? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU.
Dear Mary & Neal, we are so happy for you. We really enjoyed watching you open your call! (:>)
ReplyDeleteYou both are a joy to work with and you will bring that same joy and sweet spirit of service to the people of Sweden. (lucky young adults).
We wish you love, safety and many treasures of good experiences. We look forward to going along...
With love, Andy and Beverly Prince
Elder & Sister Lundwall--
ReplyDeleteAre you still in Salt Lake, or are you in Sweden, yet?? Lotsa folks are asking about you. Hope all is well--we love and miss you. Merry Christmas!!!
--Kim