Sunday, January 30, 2011

November 6-8 2010

Nov 6  Mormor’s Bakery:  Our 1st day in Lund we saw this cute bakery. It made me miss all of our grandkids.  In Swedish “Mormor” means grandma! Meaning mother’s mother, farmor would be a father’s mother! Our grandkids call me Mormor. (Meaning I am their mothers mother) We just kept it at that so not to confuse them by some calling me Mormor and others farmor (fathers mother!)

Nov 7 Our 1st Sunday at church the Nilsson’s invited us over for dinner. They have 9 children. Most are in their teens or are in their 20’s. Years ago they bought a school and made it into their home. It is really nice and big. They had us go into their “family room” and we visited and it came up about their Christmas Program they have in their home in Dec. I told them that Neal always sings “Oh Holy Night” at Christmas in our town. Wow she jumped up got some music and asked him to sing “cold turkey” well he did a great job. They are a really nice family and served us a great meal.




Nov 8 I know this sounds funny but I almost go into a panic attack every time I have to go to the grocery store.  Let me tell you why!  Everything is packaged different from us.  Like I found out tomato paste is in a tube like toothpaste! Canned tomatoes are in boxes. Vanilla is in powder form! Soups are in long tubes as is rice pudding. They have a million types of cheese except sharp, cheddar and longhorn!! And of course everything is in Swedish!! 

Here is a tube of pea soup and rice pudding. The food here is very good!!

“Our Street” Nygaten 16 (it is pronounced: knee gaten) We live right in the heart of the historical part of Lund. Our street is so cute. The street is cobblestone and the houses “Apartments” are all different colors.  Each apartment has a main door that you have either a key or code to open, and then you go into a hallway to go to your apt. then open it with a key.

Neal is walking towards our apartment by a pink apt. a couple of doors down from us.

Neal is in front of our apartment. Then he is going in.


 Neal going into entrance of our apartment


This is the street next to us. We love walking down it as it is so colorful.

3 comments:

  1. Oh...I love the picture of MorMor's bakery. We miss you guys. I hope you found a good little pastry to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved looking at all your pictures and reading all your comments. Thank you for sharing. Sure is a beautiful place!

    Sandi Collins

    ReplyDelete