Thursday, April 28, 2011

Going to Stockholm to get a NEW CAR

December 30-31, 2010

We heard that the mission got new cars. We were hoping to get one. Well the Malmo Elder’s found out they were getting one and since it was a Zone Conference, the Mission President flew them to Stockholm for the conference and then they would drive their new car home. They gave us their old one to use while they were gone. So they thought they were pretty cool to fly and get a new car while we would have the old one!! Oh well it was a car to us. Then we got word that they had a new car for us and wanted us to drive to Stockholm in the old car, stay the night and drive the new car home. This is one of many beautiful scenes of winter on our way to Stockholm.

IMG_0939

 

Some of the Elders were arriving the night we got there. One was Elder Argyle. He was serving way up north in Umeå. I helped sister Anderson fix dinner and in comes Elder Argyle. He was probably the tallest person I have ever met. He was like a great big teddy bear and so very nice. Well, the next day we were leaving. In Sweden everyone takes off their shoes in the homes, so I went to get my shoes and next to mine were Elder Argyle’s. Can you believe the size of that shoe. Sister Anderson and I both took photos of my foot next to his shoe. I am sorry I didn’t get a picture of him. I think I heard he was 6 feet 10 inches.

IMG_0947

 

Since it was New Years Eve, we wanted to get home as soon as we could but we had to eat somewhere; so how about a “McDonald’s”?  Here I am in front of it, and then inside with my “Big Mac”. It tasted pretty close to what I knew, but their meat is just different in Sweden. It has zero fat so it is dry. But none the less, we sure enjoyed it.

IMG_0952

 

IMG_0949

 

Here is Neal by our new car.  It is an Opel, Corsa. It is real small with no guts to it but it beats walking everywhere or taking buses. We are now “Free to roam around the country”

IMG_0950

 

IMG_0951

 

You would think that this is a covered overpass. But they have these all over Sweden and it is a glorified rest stop. This is a restaurant that goes across the freeway. They are real nice rest stops. They include a gas station, good restrooms and little stores.

IMG_0954

No comments:

Post a Comment