Ystad, Sweden
This is when I really felt like I was in a Christmas card. You will want to turn on some Christmas music when you see these photos. It will be a day we will never forget.
Neal at Ystad Train Station
The snow blows so hard it sticks to side of the trees, the way the snow falls down.
Notice the small path I am walking in!!
Christmas Card photo for sure!
Walking dogs and dogs loving the walk in the snow!!
I think Lilly would like to be here and walk in the snow!!!
Neal by City Church
Snowball fights with the teenagers
Can you see the snowballs?
The organ is at the back of the church and the pulpit where the sermon is given is far right. The Churches are really pretty and very old.
Beautiful church all decked out for Christmas
.
The Church had a beautiful manger scene. One of the displays was of Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus.
At the other end were the Shepherds and the Wisemen on their way to see the baby Jesus.
Danish Church
Notice the snow covered cars!!
Neal on a cute street shopping.
Girl pulling brother on sled
Kids having fun sliding down the snow in the back.
Families sure were having a great time watching their kids, playing with their kids and also visiting with friends.
Mom pulling kid on sled, the mom’s don’t mess around so you better hold on!
Shopping down a cute street.
This is where I got my nice warm winter fur lined boots.
The town was so pretty lit up in the evening.
I love this one. Quite a story. The little boy alone on his sled was being pulled by his dad and then his wife needed him to help with the buggy, so the little boy patiently waits. Notice the clear vinyl cover over the buggy. Mom's and Dad's walk all over in all weather in Sweden so if it rains or snows they have the clear cover to protect the babies.
Shoppers (another Christmas Card photo)
This is Neal with a big white building in the background in the back right. This is where we had our dinner. It was in the basement of this building.
We asked where a good place to eat was and the locals told us to go to
“Store Thor”
It took us awhile to find it, as it was in the basement of this old building. The entrance was on the outside of the building which was way gross. But we went down and all I can say is WOW.
The restaurant is the only surviving medieval town hall cellar in Sweden. Food was serve here in the 15th century. Then in 1569 the building burnt down. The cellar was filled in and forgotten about when the new Town Hall was built.
In 1922 the cellar was rediscovered when the foundations were dug out to install a boiler heating system. It was excavated and restored to its original state. In 1927 the bar and kitchen were built.
In 1972 the outside entrance was added. Go to http://www.storethor.se/
Be sure you listen closely, as they are speaking in Swedish! Now you know why I have a hard time understanding anything!!
Appetizers with delishous breads and caviar and a dip.
The menu was pricy and you know dad he doesn’t like to spend money on food!! So we literally got the cheapest thing on the menu: Fish Soup. I was real nervous but oh well the place was so cute. Well let me tell you if I went back I would order the fish soup again. It was absolutely delicious!!
There were a lot of different fish in this bowl but oh my goodness was it good.
We sure had an enjoyable meal and day.
We had creme brule (spelling?) for dessert.
Walking to the Train.
Santa having a very hard landing
Frozen train wires.
Goodbye Ystad we loved your beautiful Christmas card town!!
Ohh...that is just beautiful. I love how the moms pull their kids on sleds. That is so cute. I'm glad you are enjoying your mission.
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you!!
You were right - Ystad looks like the perfect postcard picture! Wow!! How fun to go visit. The buildings are neat, the church - beautiful, and the food - delicious. I love the mom's and kids on sleds and the snowball fights. We miss you tons but are so glad you are having fun and enjoying your time in Sweden.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place and fun atmosphere! The resturant looked like a fun place to eat. Nice camera shot of the snowball fight. I also loved the mom's pulling their kids on sleds! It would be interesting to play the organ in those old churches-I bet there is a delay when you play.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures, the town looks like a town that time has forgot! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow, sure wish I could have been there with you shopping in all those cute stores. Those are postcard pictures and boy is there a lot of snow...so beautiful! That restaurant looks fancy. What a fun day!
ReplyDelete